Every Time it Rains By Nikita Singh


Original Cover of the Book


BOOK REVIEW

Hello Folks!!

Was thinking about blogging about something amazing and unique, so got a thought about "Why Not Novels?"... So here I am reviewing this amazing novel and will do so in coming posts on my blog. Well, I'm someone who likes to read a lot of books, be it Novels, Educational Books, Magazines or The Newspaper, each of it has knowledge to offer in its own way. I hope you know the "Golden Rule", well, if you don't, then let me state it. Golden Rule of Knowledge- Never Stop Reading, because reading gains knowledge and power like no other. The power of knowledge is creative and will stay with you life-long.

Novels are Love





Since I mentioned about my love for books, let me tell you that this novel was gifted to me by my elder Cousin Sonia because that's the only present she thought of on my B-Day. Duh!! (I love clothes and soft-toys too Sonia!!). Jokes Apart. I really enjoyed reading this book and it kept me engaged all the time. I was so into this book that I used to run for home from college as soon as I left (by the way, Hey! I'm still in college) and done, me and the book on the terrace with the breeze tangling my hair.(just went novelish here bro!). I'm a romantic and motivational kinda person so she thought of Nikita Singh's Novel as a better gift to me. Her novels just put a layer of hope into you like the type you get after watching your favourite genre typo movies, and that's the most important thing about novels, i.e; at the end of the day, what the novel offered you is all that matters be it love, hope, motivational or any positive thought evoked and her novels truly do that.



About the Novel






"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage", a very famous quote defining what love stands and is. Well, love itself is approximate to the universe which can't be put into a few words. Love is power, love is strength, and love is the hope to wake up to a new day and also the hope to have a blessed moment.

The story revolves around a pretty, hardworking and courageous girl named Laila who runs a business of bakeries along with her colleague and closest friend Mahi who is younger to Laila. With two bakeries in her kitty, she handles it just as professional as it should be. Laila stays with her mom (divorced) and her mom is just the expert at finding out issues with just seeing a strain on her forehead. Laila has a very painful past which is the death of her Husband Abhishek after their marriage but this also made her a stronger women than before. Every time it rains, Laila finds a jigsaw piece missing in her puzzle of life.


This line caught my heart.

The story takes a turn when Laila’s mom goes to visit her maternal place for a couple of months and Laila offers Mahi to stay along with her since Mahi was a distant residing pupil. Here, the novel perfectly portraits Friendship and its true form, how they find the mood swings and each other’s tough moments without even conversing. It depicts how Mahi handles the best and worst part of Laila and vice-versa.
Later, a character named Jayesh Diwakar(also called as JD) comes into picture who falls for Laila and also happens to be the Marketing Head of Famous Bakery which holds a proposal for Laila’s career to expand her business nationally if they get the deal . Laila, who is now stuck between her fear for love and her career, takes a quick turn by heading off to her mom’s maternal place to find answers to empty questions. And well, like always, Love wins here too. Though every rain makes her aware of the scars on her heart, JD offered her love so eternal and showed her that she can have a love more than okay.

My Take
If I had to give points or ratings to this novel, then it will perfectly be 4.5/5 without any doubts. The novel perfectly describes Love and Friendship and its essence. Nikita Singh perfectly depicts Laila’s past and her heart-breaking story in just a few pages that give you a feel of her pain. The relation Mahi and Laila share is just so pure and JD adding a romantic yet funny atmosphere. JD and Laila who have exact opposite personalities get weaved into a picture of love. The divorce matter really made me feel sad, but above all, it made me feel warmth with meaning of Love.



The Back Cover.




Comments